Attendees explore the skills needed to facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs)—and learn how to build a high-performing ART through servant leadership and coaching—by becoming a SAFe® 4 Release Train Engineer (RTE). During this three-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of an RTE in the SAFe enterprise.
Through experiential learning, attendees will examine the RTE role in a Lean-Agile transformation. They will learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. They will also learn how to prepare, plan and execute a Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primarily enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
Scaled Agile’s SAFe RTE exam maintains rigorous quality standards ensuring that those who have earned the certification are well prepared to effectively fulfill their role in a SAFe enterprise. Make sure to read the certification information below.
Learning Goals (RTE)
To perform the role of a SAFe Release Train Engineer, attendees should be able to:
– Apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to execute and release value
– Assist with program and large solution execution
– Foster relentless improvement
– Build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach
– Develop an action plan to continue the learning journey
Topics Covered (RTE)
– Exploring the RTE Role and Responsibilities
– Applying SAFe Principles
– Organizing the ART
– Planning a Program Increment
– Executing a Program Increment
– Fostering Relentless Improvement
– Serving the ART
– Continuing Your Learning Journey
What Attendees Get (RTE)
The class registration includes:
– Attendee workbook
– Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Release Train Engineer (RTE) exam
– One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
– Course certificate of completion
– Attendees must attend all days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- RTEs and Solution Train Engineers (STEs)
- Program and project managers
- Scrum Masters
- Leaders and managers
- Agile coaches
- SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs)